What about your offline life? Your local area, business groups, associates, family and friends should also be considered as part of your ‘social strategy’.
Done properly, you will reap the benefits of amassing huge awareness about you, your business, products or services. If not, then generally up-and-coming entrepreneurs and small online business owners become frustrated and disappointed. This creates the large percentage of online businesses failing within a 6 month to 1 year time frame.
So what can you do to have the best social media strategies work for you?
The key is to be consistent with all of your business marketing which includes social media and offline marketing strategies as well.
Here is my Top 10 List of Social Media Strategies:
1) Email Signature - Adding a personalized signature to your emails is a great way to share your social profiles and look professional at the same time. I enjoy using WiseStamp.com Here is an example:
2) Website or Blog - A well written About Me page that provides information to your visitors on how your site will benefit them. Adding your social profiles with icons or links along with an opt-in form is key.
3) Social Share Buttons - Make certain you provide social share buttons on your site or blog, posts, articles or any other media to encourage your visitors to engage and share your information.
4) Business Cards - Some think the business card is becoming extinct. With the new QR codes, start handing out your cards again! Anyone with a smart phone, can scan your QR code and be taken directly to your site or a welcome video! Of course, be sure to add your site URL and some of your social sites for those not able to access the QR code.
Here is my QR Code!
5) Your Advertising - Newspapers, yellow pages, free ads, commercials – Have you noticed lately how all the big companies are now boasting their Twitter and Facebook, even YouTube, social icons when they advertise. Always include yours too!
6) Marketing Pieces - Brochures, catalogs, fliers, just about any promotional gift, mugs, pens and more! – include your site URL and whenever you can, include those social icons. Don’t forget that QR code!
7) Contests - This is a great avenue to bring visitors to your site or to your events. In doing so, be sure whatever they fill out and keep to receive their prize, if they win, that you are including your social profile icons and site address.
8) Events - Handouts, banners, signs – all can include your site URL and social media icons.
9) Mobile Phone Networks - Texting out specials, announcements or other information about your business, include a link or mention you can always find more information by visiting your site or direct them to a welcome video.
10) Talk About It - At the grocery store, bank, cleaners, post office, just about anywhere – there are so many places you frequent that you should spark a conversation, ask a few questions and hand them that business card! So practice your elevator speech and remember not to make it too long, but interesting enough to get their attention!
The big message is to be consistent with your strategies. Utilize all of them to obtain the best return and draw the biggest attention. Take advantage of the social media platforms utilizing strategies that work best for you and your business.
And don’t forgot those social buttons, links or icons whenever you are marketing your business!
Your turn … what social media strategies are working for you? Share other strategies to add to my list!
Make it a successful and profitable day!