One of the most important things you can do for the success of your online business is to get into the social media circle. If you want to stay on top of the business world, you have to use all the tools available and learn to work them to your advantage.
This is where social media comes into play. You cannot simply have your business online; you have to get it in front of consumers. Whether you offer a product or service, the quickest and most effective way to let people know about your business is to engage in social media.
If you don’t know by now what the social media game consists of, let me give you a few examples:
These are just a few examples of the numerous social media platforms that you can engage in to get the word out about your business.
Even if you are knowledgeable about the social media arena, it doesn’t mean you are maximizing its benefits. Perhaps you are scared to get started or are unsure exactly how it works.
Here are a few ways people use social media:
> They rarely show up — These people are the least involved.
> They rarely interact — These are the newbies.
> They just watch the action – These are the observers & rarely contribute.
> They click, click, click — These are active users, but lack efficiency.
> They mingle – These are regular users who do a bit of sharing.
> They say, “Let’s roll on!” — These people know where it’s at & use it for all it’s worth!
So where is this headed? Hopefully, this helps you discover some of the strategies for social media marketing. You can have a website, a blog, landing pages, sales pages and social platforms … if the traffic is not there, you lose!
Here are some social media strategies to increase your visibility:
1. Build your brand and promote your product or service. Find a network that will send stories or news of your product or services to reporters such as NewsBasis.
2. Create your own custom shortened URL that will advertise and brand your product, service or name. This could send your brand viral and drive a lot of traffic your way.
3. Develop a Q & A site. When you have a site that welcomes questions and gives answers, you build trust…which goes a long way towards branding you as an expert in your field.
4. Find a professional network, like LinkedIn, where you can connect with other business owners, not only to build a list but also to contribute and learn from other business owners.
5. Encourage and set up face-to-face “meetups.” This is a good way to inform online and off-line people about you and it also helps them understand your product or service.
There are many ways to get your name and brand out to your audience — to build your list, but the most important thing is to take action! Far too many times, a business owner simply kicks back and waits for something to happen. Don’t be one of “them.” Get going and take action today!
You know I like to hear from you. Let me know if these tips and techniques help with your business branding. Please leave your comments below.
Wishing you continued personal and professional success!